For more information on commissioning a portrait or purchasing an original work of art, contact Leah at 404-295-6088 or Leah@LeahHenry.com

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I had to make a change

OK, I loved the painting that I posted of Zach earlier but the more I looked at it something just didn't seem right. I did the painting pretty fast which is why it has such a fresh look but I had his right eye too far out. I brought his eye in, raised it slightly and narrowed the right side of his face. My husband & biggest critic (which is helpful) thinks this looks more like him.

5 comments:

Leah Hopkins Henry said...

Thanks Cathyann, I hate it when I do that. I need to make sure before I post again.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

A great piece. It is tough to move the painting after so much hard work but it paid off. If I had not seen the two paintings together I probably would not have noticed but with them together and your words it becomes clear. Great that your husband can critique in such a positive manner.

Really like this piece.

Leah Hopkins Henry said...

Thank you so much. That's so good to hear.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see the change before and after. Thanks for posting. Love the look of your blog!

pettit said...

not that i am qualified to give critique of your work, but i will say that i think this piece has to be one of the best treatments of light i have seen from you. it so reminds me of that simple, effecient, and so beautiful painting on the cover of robert henri's "the art spirit."