For more information on commissioning a portrait or purchasing an original work of art, contact Leah at 404-295-6088 or Leah@LeahHenry.com

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Portrait of Lynne

It's really strange painting my twin sister; I can't believe I've never drawn or painted her before. I really twisted her arm to go with me this week to Rome, GA to be my model for a portrait demonstration at my workshop there. It was a very quick demo - maybe about 1 hour 15 minutes. I got the best part of it done then I brought it home and worked on it about another 5 1/2 hours. I just had to make it look like her and more finished because I liked the way it was turning out, also, I'll be giving it to her. It was nice when her husband and twin sons saw it tonight and thought it looked just like her. There is nothing like painting from life. The colors and dimensions are very important, even if you finish with photographs when working on the likeness.

2 comments:

KFDP said...

I had no idea that you had a twin sister! That is a beautiful painting.

Leah Hopkins Henry said...

Yes Kellie, I have an identical twin. We don't look as much alike as we used to but we're still a lot alike. I thinks she's happy with the painting.Thanks!