For more information on commissioning a portrait or purchasing an original work of art, contact Leah at 404-295-6088 or Leah@LeahHenry.com

Monday, July 5, 2010

Irene, My Mom

I found an old black & white photo of my mom recently. The picture is one that I have always loved of my mother so I created this drawing from it. She was very young and worked in the office of a textile mill (Pepperell Manufacturing) in Lindale, GA when this was taken. I think my father snapped this picture. I love it so much because she looked so beautiful, innocent and worry free. I look nothing like her; She was part Cherokee with dark hair, brown eyes and olive skin which is nothing like me. My brother, Greg, looks a lot like her as does his daughter. She passed away 4 1/2 years ago. She had some serious health problems and didn't look much like the person in this picture. She was super caring &  sweet and always put everyone before herself. Irene was the wonderful mother of 4, my 2 older brothers and my twin sister, Lynne. She also had 10 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. I miss her so much.

No comments: