For more information on commissioning a portrait or purchasing an original work of art, contact Leah at 404-295-6088 or Leah@LeahHenry.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"A Mother's Love" in the Blue Ridge Mountains

"A Mother's Love" was selected to be a part of the Fourth Annual Southern Artists Guild National Exhibition, October 15 through November 12, 2011. I'm excited to be a part of this show. Join me on Oct. 15 for the opening reception at The Art Center, Blue Ridge, GA from 5 - 7PM. The exhibition will be held in the historic Richard Low Evans Courtroom Gallery and coincides with the peak autumn foliage in the Southern Appalachian Mountains of North Georgia.  I love the mountains and this will give me a great opportunity to be there with all the beautiful Fall colors and the wonderful art. 
"A Mother's Love" is part of a series of paintings and drawings that I have been working on from Haiti before and after the earthquake. I felt very drawn to do something. My intention was to have an exhibition of many works this year, sell them and have the proceeds go back to Haiti. I haven't had as much painting time as I had hoped so the project will moved to next year. Someone said to me that they just can't help with anything for Haiti because it is so much of a lost cause and there is nothing anyone can do.  There are so many missions and non-profits really making a difference in the lives of the people there. They give the children hope and make them happy at least for a while.Your donations can help one child or help build a school, or bring fresh water to an area. You can make a difference more than you know. There are many ways to help - just a little goes a long way.  

No comments: