For more information on commissioning a portrait or purchasing an original work of art, contact Leah at 404-295-6088 or Leah@LeahHenry.com

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jan & Joe Johnson


I posted earlier about Art From the Heart. The first soldier I painted was Justin Johnson from Rome, GA. I grew up in that part of Georgia so I felt very drawn to this family. Justin was the first soldier killed in Iraq from Floyd County, he was 21 years old. The first photo here is of the original presentation of the portrait to Jan & Joe Johnson at a memorial service in Rome last year. The next photo is Justin's portrait hanging at the 2008 Art From the Heart exhibit in Stone Mountain this summer.  This family is very special to me and I consider them part of my family. They have reached out and touched many gold star families. Jan & Joe are also the Georgia Patriot Guard Rider family.

No comments: